Re: Horseless VT100

  • Frank Probst
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2000
      Sue: I have only run with horses three times and I will not miss
      them. The runs were one Groundhog and two VT. I had stomach trouble
      at each of those runs (actually I have only had two ultras when I did
      not have stomach trouble). The smell of good fresh horse droppings
      on
      a twisted stomach just did not seem to be the cure for nausea. Even
      when piles were not visible, you could still smell the horses. Naw,
      will not miss that at all. As you already pointed out, it can be
      tricky getting passed by thoses big fellows on narrow trails. Will
      not miss that either. It is bad enough that I get passed by all
      those runners who go out smart and keep their stomachs under
      control. There will be enough beautiful horses at Smoke Rise and
      other farms we run by, so we will get to see horses. Last time I
      also
      saw playful otters and a mama wild turkey with a brood of half grown
      younsters. I do not remember if I saw any deer as they are common
      on a trail run and do not remember any squirrels. Where I live,
      squirrels are very abundant, so I notice not seeing them as unusual.
      Of course, if those big dogs out front would not scare everything
      away, we would see more animals.

      Frank