59RE: [vt100] Vermont

  • Pero, Stephen M
    Jun 16, 2000
      Hi Jeff...

      Oh I knew what You were doing and is why I included the wink ;-)...

      You'll probably be ahead of Me for awhile there as I'm going out real easy
      on that ATV road, walking that first hill and then as the course flattens
      out try to stay at an easy pace until CTB#1. If I am still feeling ok, I'll
      try to start catching runners from there on in. That's what worked for Me in
      '98 and also pretty much at OD, although I was a bit disappointed in my time
      at OD...really thought I could come in around 21 hours, but that sick
      session in the middle really slowed Me down until dark. Then with Greg
      Loomis by my side I was able to run a little better (with the help of the
      soup and coffee, of course).

      I'm really looking forward to Vt this year...I feel like I am starting to
      get a handle on how to run 100's.

      If You aren't doing anything tonight, and Paula will let You, come up and
      join Sue and I on Mt Washington. We're going to be starting around 9pm and
      finishing around 2 am (my guess). We're running up and back down the auto
      road the day before the race.

      seeya all soon,
      Steve