Re: [vsx-dis] Re: Suggestions for VSX

  • Christopher Watson
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 9, 2008
      I believe Paul has AstroPlanner catalogs for the GCVS and NSV (plus
      supplement), so a good amount of bona-fide and suspected variables for
      use in the program right there. Of course, Paul can't keep these
      catalogs in lock-step with the relentless advancements in the
      refinement of their data, so that's why it would be a great idea for
      AstroPlanner to be able to query VSX in the background for ALL
      variables known to us within a given field of view. His program would
      then be able to show, for example, that a new nova-like object that
      just popped off last night (and got submitted to VSX a few hours ago)
      culminates at 0230 that night.

      We'll see what we can do.

      -Christopher