catalog search

  • Jim Cadien
    Message 1 of 2 , May 28, 2007
      I mentioned this to the principal architect a few months ago. It is a
      request that may be of help only to me. I am doing a drift-scan
      survey with a small scope and small ccd. The images are about 15' in
      dec. The ra size can be many degrees. I would liike to be able to
      search the database in an efficient way for this. At present it seems
      only circular or square box searches are possible using ra/dec. It
      would be nice to ask for a rectangular box, with reasonable limits on
      the size of course.
      Might this be possible?

      Thanks,

      Jim
    • Christopher Watson
      Message 2 of 2 , May 28, 2007
        Hi Jim,

        Yes, that enhancement is in the Bugzilla database, and as soon as I
        can make it through some other AAVSO obligations, I'll be looking into
        implementing a few of these types of features.

        Thanks for your very good suggestion.

        Christopher Watson
        Principal Architect
        VSX