VSX discoveries - where next?

  • martin_piers_nicholson
    Message 1 of 4 , May 23, 2007
      It looks to me as if there are 1500-1600 variable stars in the
      International Variable Star Index that have the prefix VSX.

      Does the AAVSO have any plans to publish these discoveries and hence
      get them listed in Simbad?
    • skygxproject
      Message 2 of 4 , May 23, 2007
        > Does the AAVSO have any plans to publish these discoveries and hence
        > get them listed in Simbad?

        Yes. We're working on it.

        I fully expect to see Greaves jump in here now, so hold on...

        Christopher Watson
        Principal Architect
        VSX
      • waltc@cox.net
        Message 3 of 4 , May 23, 2007
          Since Martin was involved in the email discussion a couple of months ago where the answer to this question was discussed at length, I'd call this posting a troll. Martin, can you please not try to stir the pot?

          -Walt

          ---- skygxproject <skygeex@...> wrote:
          > > Does the AAVSO have any plans to publish these discoveries and hence
          > > get them listed in Simbad?
          >
          > Yes. We're working on it.
          >
          > I fully expect to see Greaves jump in here now, so hold on...
          >
          > Christopher Watson
          > Principal Architect
          > VSX
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • martin_piers_nicholson
          Message 4 of 4 , May 23, 2007
            Not at all - a few months have gone by without any news so I asked
            for an update.