Simbad, ASAS and VSX

  • martin_piers_nicholson
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2007
      I looked up 12 ASAS variables in Simbad - 1 from each of 12 different
      constellations - with rather worrying results.

      All were listed in VSX by the way.

      3 had no Simbad object within 300 arc seconds
      6 had no indication of variability in Simbad and no entry under the
      ASAS name either
      2 were identified as variable – but not under the ASAS name

      Not very impressive!