One users perspective of VSX

  • martin_piers_nicholson
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 10, 2007
      When I have had single discoveries to enter into VSX I have found the
      process painless. Moderation was also both speedy and supportive.
      SCORE 10/10

      With larger numbers of discoveries a batch process system was used
      whereby a file with all the required fields was sent to the moderator.
      He looked at all the material, made his suggestions and within a couple
      of days the entire file was forwarded to the USA for uploading to the
      database.
      SCORE 10/10

      However my last two batches dating from December 2006(?) although
      approved by the moderator have not yet been uploaded into VSX due to a
      combination of pressure of work, family ties and illness on the part of
      the one poor soul who agreed to take on this key role. Perhaps this
      part of the system needs looking at?

      Martin Nicholson
      Daventry UK
    • Arne Henden
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 10, 2007
        Hi Martin,
        The batch entry aspect of VSX is known to have deficiences, and
        they are being worked on. Hopefully we will have a better system
        in place in the near future. Thanks for your scoring on other
        VSX areas!
        Arne

        On 3/10/07, martin_piers_nicholson <martin_piers_nicholson@...> wrote:
        > When I have had single discoveries to enter into VSX I have found the
        > process painless. Moderation was also both speedy and supportive.
        > SCORE 10/10
        >
        > With larger numbers of discoveries a batch process system was used
        > whereby a file with all the required fields was sent to the moderator.
        > He looked at all the material, made his suggestions and within a couple
        > of days the entire file was forwarded to the USA for uploading to the
        > database.
        > SCORE 10/10
        >
        > However my last two batches dating from December 2006(?) although
        > approved by the moderator have not yet been uploaded into VSX due to a
        > combination of pressure of work, family ties and illness on the part of
        > the one poor soul who agreed to take on this key role. Perhaps this
        > part of the system needs looking at?
        >
        > Martin Nicholson
        > Daventry UK
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • duble.stars
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 10, 2007
          bwahahahaha, that's all so damn ironic, on so many levels, in the full
          rotundity of all connected contexts...

          ...meanwhile, this is a good ol' laugh I stumbled across that I've
          been bandying about a-lately. I've allas found it very apposite.

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SAbJjktk7E

          to paraphrase the jingle, to watch get flash

          Cheers

          John

          --- In vsx-dis@yahoogroups.com, "Arne Henden" <arne@...> wrote:

          > Hi Martin,
          > The batch entry aspect of VSX is known to have deficiences, and
          > they are being worked on. Hopefully we will have a better system
          > in place in the near future. Thanks for your scoring on other
          > VSX areas!
          > Arne
          >
          > On 3/10/07, martin_piers_nicholson <martin_piers_nicholson@...> wrote:
          > > When I have had single discoveries to enter into VSX I have found the
          > > process painless. Moderation was also both speedy and supportive.
          > > SCORE 10/10
          > >
          > > With larger numbers of discoveries a batch process system was used
          > > whereby a file with all the required fields was sent to the moderator.
          > > He looked at all the material, made his suggestions and within a
          couple
          > > of days the entire file was forwarded to the USA for uploading to the
          > > database.
          > > SCORE 10/10
          > >
          > > However my last two batches dating from December 2006(?) although
          > > approved by the moderator have not yet been uploaded into VSX due to a
          > > combination of pressure of work, family ties and illness on the
          part of
          > > the one poor soul who agreed to take on this key role. Perhaps this
          > > part of the system needs looking at?
          > >
          > > Martin Nicholson
          > > Daventry UK
          > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Martin Nicholson
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 10, 2007
            The English translation of John's "contribution" will presumably follow shortly?

            "Duble.Stars" aka "simbad.question" aka "email.addie" aka "multiple.stars" aka "multiple star" aka "newvars" aka "refuta" aka "unconstant" aka "redvars" aka "fly.ingvisit" aka "flying.visit" aka "var.rinfo" aka "kawai.sasami" aka "ncam1999" aka "variabilitiness" aka "foramonthorso" aka "urlinformation" aka "correctng" aka "wellvexed"