submission didn't go through?

  • Walt Cooney
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 15, 2007
      Hi folks,

      I just submitted a new variable to VSX.  I didn't get the standard confirmation screen.  Did my submission go through?  It was for USNO B1.0 1027-0045977.

      Thanks,
      Walt (CWT)
    • arne
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 15, 2007
        Walt Cooney wrote:
        > Hi folks,
        >
        > I just submitted a new variable to VSX. I didn't get the standard
        > confirmation screen. Did my submission go through? It was for USNO
        > B1.0 1027-0045977.

        the webserver was upgraded yesterday; perhaps some features like
        VSX did not get restarted properly. I'll ask Justin/Aaron when
        they come in.
        Arne
      • Christopher Watson
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 15, 2007
          Hi Walt,

          AAVSO HQ staff just performed some serious upgrades on the web server
          Sunday, and there were some things that needed a little coaxing to get
          up and running again. But your submission did make it in, and it
          looks like a clean submit. It's being reviewed. Thanks!

          Christopher Watson

          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 15, 2007
            Thanks Christopher!

            -Walt

            AAVSO HQ staff just performed some serious upgrades on the web server
            Sunday, and there were some things that needed a little coaxing to get
            up and running again. But your submission did make it in, and it
            looks like a clean submit. It's being reviewed. Thanks!

            Christopher Watson

            On 1/15/07, Walt Cooney <waltc@...> wrote:
            > I just submitted a new variable to VSX. I didn't get the standard
            confirmation
            > screen. Did my submission go through? It was for USNO B1.0 1027-0045977.

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Walt Cooney
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 15, 2007
              Hi guys.  I was wondering how VSX is doing in becoming a superset of the numerous catalogs out there.  Have most of them been incorporated?  Have we collected many variables submitted by users that are not published anywhere else?

              Clearest skies,
              Walt
            • Christopher Watson
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 15, 2007
                Hi Walt,

                There are still several variable star lists in the queue to import
                into VSX. I'm trying to get them, but there are time constraints.
                Hundreds (if not thousands) of new variables have been submitted to
                VSX by users since its launch, but I don't have the stats in front of
                me as to how many of those are completely unpublished elsewhere.
                They're all going to be published in JAAVSO soon, though, with an
                electronic version of the list available. That's the plan, anyway.

                -Christopher

                On 1/15/07, Walt Cooney <waltc@...> wrote:

                > Hi guys. I was wondering how VSX is doing in becoming a superset of the numerous catalogs out there. Have most of them been incorporated? Have we collected many variables submitted by users that are not published anywhere else?
                >
                > Clearest skies,
                > Walt
              • duble.stars
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 21, 2007
                  I pressed the wrong damn button again...

                  --- In vsx-dis@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher Watson" <skygeex@...> wrote:

                  > They're all going to be published in JAAVSO soon, though, with an
                  > electronic version of the list available. That's the plan, anyway.

                  ETA?

                  Don't forget CDS/VizieR only trawl the mainstream rags, so don't
                  forget to proffer the e-version to vizier/cds team else it'll likely
                  never get there, which'd negate t'point etc...
                • duble.stars
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 21, 2007
                    Got the reply, freely ignore the below.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 21, 2007
                      Hi John,

                      Patrick Wils and I are trying to put some time into it. I'm in the
                      middle of generating a new list of all submissions to VSX. No ETA.

                      I've already talked to Francois Ochsenbein about it, and he's prepared.

                      -Chris