Re: [vsx-dis] Re: NOMAD "positions" - wondering about this wanderer

  • James Bedient
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 29, 2006
      OK, in that I have a wife, two daughters, three cats, three cars, a
      house, a real job, etc., I haven't spent my life studying astrometric
      catalogs. When NOMAD1 popped up on VizieR, I read the "read me" and
      figured when it said "For each unique star the "best" astrometric and
      photometric data are chosen from the source catalogs and merged into a
      single dataset." that they meant it.

      As long as the source of a piece of data is identified, I don't think
      it matters a hoot where it's from, GSC or UCAC or USNO or whatever.
      It's traceable back.