Anybody doing this?

  • martin_piers_nicholson
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 23, 2006
      Is there anybody currently working on including IBVS entries into VSX?

      I have some free time at present but do not want to duplicate the work
      of other people.
    • Christopher Watson
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 23, 2006
        I have an extensive catalog of IBVS entires that have not yet made it
        into VSX via programmed import. Hopefully in the very near future,
        that import can occur. As a volunteer with a new day job and a very
        demanding family, it's difficult to find the time however.

        -Christopher

        On 10/23/06, martin_piers_nicholson <martin_piers_nicholson@...> wrote:
        > Is there anybody currently working on including IBVS entries into VSX?
        >
        > I have some free time at present but do not want to duplicate the work
        > of other people.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Tom Krajci
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 23, 2006
          >Is there anybody currently working on including IBVS entries into VSX?

          The only work I do is take my IBVS report (annual) and use it to update any
          eclipsing binary stars that are 'blank spots' on the GCVS listing...and
          enter accurate period/ephemeris data in VSX.

          My current 'niche' is to go after those stars in the GCVS with no epoch
          and/or period listed, and determine their period and epoch. Once in a while
          I also do NSVS stars as well.

          Tom Krajci
          Cloudcroft, New Mexico
          http://overton2.tamu.edu/aset/krajci/