NSV

  • arne
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 8 5:39 PM
      Hi all,
      I have data on 52 NSV stars that I have collected over the
      years, and figure I'll do something with them one of these days.
      However, that raised a question in my mind that perhaps one
      of you know the answer to: of the NSV stars, how many of
      them have been studied since their initial discovery, and how
      many still need study/confirmation?
      Arne
    • Patrick Wils
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 9 5:02 AM
        Arne,

        About 10% of the stars in the NSV (and Supplement) have received a GCVS
        name. However many more have been studied (e.g. all the "rediscoveries"
        by ASAS), and a large part of the references (but not all) are in Simbad.
        Hopefully VSX may give a more complete answer to your question in the
        future.

        Patrick

        http://mail.yahoo.com