      From: David Kennedy <dken@...>
      To: vsx-dis@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, June 9, 2013 3:07 PM
      Subject: [vsx-dis] Suitable filters to use

      Hello everyone,

      I’m a new member to the group, joining after noticing a possible variable
      star in my CCD images of the nebula NGC6559.  Through the VSX website I’ve
      found out the star is a suspected variable listed as NSV 10242.  I’ve made
      observations of the star on 3 nights over the past 3.5 weeks and using MaxIm DL
      have measured that it’s decreasing in brightness.  However, I’ve been
      collecting data using the filters I use for imaging (LRGB  and Ha
      Astronomik filters) and I would like to know if useful photometric data can been
      gained with these or do I need to use different filters instead?  Can
      anyone help?

      Thanks,

      David Kennedy
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic