422Re: [vsx-dis] Re: How to note a possible correction to VSX data

  • Patrick Wils
    May 2, 2007
      Hi Rick,

      The text references are the original GCVS references. These have been put
      through the ADS resolver to attach bibcodes to them. Since the GCVS
      references are not written according to the standard ADS format, sometimes
      they needed a couple of tweaks so that the ADS resolver could understand
      them (e.g. the abbreviation needed changing for some journals). In some
      cases, such as these, misinterpretations by the ADS resolver results in
      wrong bibcodes. So these need to be corrected. In the cases you found
      the bibcodes should be 1952AnHar.118..147P for Field 9 and
      1952AnHar.118..217P for field 27. These will have to be corrected in the
      database themselves, there is no way to correct them through the user
      interface.
      Thanks for the corrections!

      Patrick

      http://mail.yahoo.com