418Re: [vsx-dis] How to note a possible correction to VSX data

  • Christopher Watson
    May 2 10:39 AM
      Hi Rick,

      To tell you the truth, I'd rather you didn't save the details for
      actual submission. Please give me an example of what you're talking
      about. If this is a systemic problem, I'll want to find a back-end
      solution to it, rather than relying on user submissions of corrected
      data. If it's something very localized, then user submissions may be
      OK. But I'd like to make that decision first. So please show me what
      you've got. Thanks!

      Christopher Watson
      Principal Architect
      VSX

      On 5/2/07, rcdegraeve <rcdegraeve@...> wrote:
      > I'm wondering about how to submit what I guess amounts to data
      > corrections to VSX. Reading through the guidelines, they seem to focus
      > on submission of a new variable star and what/how to include supporting
      > data.
      >
      > In looking through VSX and some of the reference information cited in
      > an entry, I've found a nested inaccuracy in the Study ref. data entry.
      > It's probably a just a small detail (and maybe I'm reading it wrong)
      > but I know you want the database to be as accurate as possible. I'll
      > save the details for actual submission, but I'm not too clear on how to
      > go about this.
      >
      > Thanks for your help!
      >
      > Rick De Graeve
      > AAVSO - DGR