Re: [vspcs] Records

  • Jean-Charles Meyrignac
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2010
      Ok, here is another property:

      all the records for N<27 are multiple of 3.

      Does that mean that the tops should alway be multiple of 3 ?

      JC

    • Marcin Mucha
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2010
        I don't think so, but I don't have a proof here. However, if you consider
        smaller values of C (the number of colors) the property you suggest breaks
        at some point, for example for C = 3, you get 3,9,20... and for all C < 10
        (as far as my solutions for smaller C are in fact optimal) there is a point
        where it stops being divisible by 3 and it comes faster than for C=10, so it
        is more reliable. I have some ideas on where this happens but that would be
        a longish post and also probably inappropriate for an unfinished contest.

        Marcin

        On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 1:44 AM, Jean-Charles Meyrignac <
        jcmeyrignac@...> wrote:

        > Ok, here is another property:
        >
        > all the records for N<27 are multiple of 3.
        >
        > Does that mean that the tops should alway be multiple of 3 ?
        >
        > JC

        Dwell not on close decisions, and thus, when you play against dwellers, you
        will make reciprocal gains in energy conservation and sanity preservation.

        Tommy Angelo