Free plugin for download

  • Jason Williams
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 9, 2009
      Hi guys,
      Very quiet on ths group these days, but hopefully some people are still listening... :-)

      I've just released a plugin for VS 2005/2008 that you may find handy.

      It includes several clipboard and outlining helpers, but the primary util is a DocXml/Doxygen comment auto-generator for C/C++/C#/Java. This scans the code element (method, class, struct, enum, etc) under the cursor and generates a document comment, automaticallly deriving useful comment text from the names and types used. If a comment already exists, it will update it to reflect any changes to the code element (new parameters, etc). If base-class or override documentation is available, it will be used to help populate the doc comment. The format and auto-commenting rules used are all easily configurable via a simple XML file.

      Unlike similar add-ins, AtomineerUtils parses the code directly (rather than relying on intellisense) so it works for non-compilable (incomplete) code, code in comment blocks, etc.

      Full details and a free download can be found here:
      http://www.atomineer.com/AtomineerUtils.html

      Cheers,
      Jason
    • Anna-Jayne Metcalfe
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 10, 2009
        Hi Jason,

        > Very quiet on ths group these days, but hopefully some people are still
        listening... :-)

        > I've just released a plugin for VS 2005/2008 that you may find handy.

        > It includes several clipboard and outlining helpers, but the primary util
        is a DocXml/Doxygen comment auto-generator for C/C++/C#/Java. This scans the
        code element (method, class, struct, enum, etc) under the cursor and
        generates a document comment, automaticallly deriving useful comment text
        from the names and types used. If a comment already exists, it will update
        it to reflect any changes to the code element (new parameters, etc). If
        base-class or override documentation is available, it will be used to help
        populate the doc comment. The format and auto-commenting rules used are all
        easily configurable via a simple XML file.

        Thanks for taking the time to post this. I'm sure there are plenty of people
        listening (would "lurking" be a better description...?) and I'm sure some
        will find it useful. :)

        FWIW the only reason I've not posted on here in ages is that the VS
        interfacing code I work with is largely now stable (though no doubt VS2010
        will try to change that!) and my focus has largely been elseware (user
        interface, installer, product support etc.).

        That said, my partner Beth is doing some interesting experimentation with
        Visual Studio text markers in a C++ add-in at the moment, so hopefully there
        will be a "proof of concept" add-in and associated article in due course to
        chat about.

        Cheers,

        Anna x

        http://www.riverblade.co.uk