Re: Script Outline Add-In for Visual Studio 2005

  • Kevin McFarlane
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2008
      I can't get this to work. It's registered as present and checked in
      the Add-in Manager. But the Script Outline window does not appear.

      When I started a new instance of Visual Studio a while ago I did spot
      it appearing during start-up but it then disappeared afterwards. Any
      ideas?

      Kevin
      --- In vsnetaddin@yahoogroups.com, "evgenypages" <ekleiman@...> wrote:

      > I'd like to announce an Add-In that I just have written.
      > It allows to see a script outline of javascript and vbscript code
      > in form of a tree as it was done in Visual Studio 6.
      > When I have begun to work in IDE of VS 2005 I was a bit disappointed
      > because of luck of this feature. Yes, they add comboboxes at the top of
      > any aspx-page but is not the same. More than this, in .js files there
      > are no comboboxes. So I decided to write such add-in and it was my
      > first add-in in VS 2005. It could be downloaded from here
      > <http://www.geocities.com/evgenypages/ScriptOutline.zip> .
      > Details and limitations of the program are found in readme.txt and in
      > the source code.
      > I am very grateful to Carlos Quintero that points me out how to catch
      > events WindowActivated and DocumentOpened in add-ins. Any feedback will
      > be appreciated
      > Evgeny Kleiman

    • evgenypages
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2010
        Source code (upgraded to Visual Studio 2008) could be downloaded from
        http://scriptoutline.codeplex.com/