Re: [vsnetaddin] How to programatically add references to active project?

  • M. N. Islam Shihan
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2007
      Hi Carlos,

      Thanx for ur reply though I found the solutions already in a hard way than
      located in your articles.

      Anyway, In my investigation, I've come to know the solution abt the
      reference addition problem after inspecting the common.js script provided
      for c# webform wizard. There were specific use of *VSLangProj.VSProject* & *
      VSLangProj.Reference *objects there to add required minimum references for
      an WebForm to run in *AddReferencesForWebForm* function in the script. But I
      surprizingly found that there were no code to do the same things in the js
      scripts provided for VB WebForm and try to access *VSLangProj *objects from
      the defaults.js script of my custom wizard was raising exception "object not
      found".

      At last * *I've come to a solution to my problems with custom wizard
      chaining, where my custom wizard is developed using class implementing *
      EnvDTE.IDTWizard* interface, is calling standard WebForm Wizards using *
      EnvDTE.LaunchWizard* to create the default Webform into the project and
      after that it is customizing the VS.Net environement as well as customizing
      the generated WebForms to feet my needs.

      My findings abt toolbox control addition after performing a few web search
      was also similar to your article. So, it would help me to make some
      shortcuts in development if I went straight to ur article.

      I'm not still believe that there is'nt any easier solution to achieve my
      goals and will look forward to know abt if any.

      Thanking you again for ur helpful reply.

      Regards,
      M. N. Islam Shihan