Re: How to determine if a solution build is up to date or if a build is needed (or how to determine if the solution currently builds successfully)

  • Simple Guy
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2006
      Use the SolutionBuild.LastBuildInfo Property which retuns the number
      of projects that failed to build. A return value of zero indicates a
      successful build.

      --- In vsnetaddin@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel Cardoso" <daniel-
      cardoso@...> wrote:

      > Hi everybody,
      >

      > At a specific time during my add-in execution, it needs to
      determine if a
      > solution build is up to date or if a build is needed (or determine
      if the
      > solution currently builds successfully).
      >

      > I'm trying to find out if/how this could be done without actually
      initiating
      > a build.
      >

      > Thank you,
      >

      > Daniel Cardoso

    • danielmenezescardoso
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2006
        Thank you, Simple Guy.
        Still, I'm not sure if this will work for me, because imagine the
        developer has successfully built the solution and after that he does
        some more changes to the code which do not compile. In this case,
        wouldn't SolutionBuild.LastBuildInfo still return 0?

        []s
        Daniel Cardoso

        --- In vsnetaddin@yahoogroups.com, "Simple Guy" <anwarjaved_mail@...>