Serious Corruption of IDE

  • Richard Adleta
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2002
      Anyone,

      We're having a serious problem related to the IDE. It appears that somehow
      we have corrupted it and doing an uninstall/reinstall does not fix it on the
      developers' PC.

      Symptoms:

      1. We're seeing dialog boxes from exceptions that have been thrown within
      our Addin during the loading of the IDE and when we run "devenv.exe /setup".
      These dialog boxes reflect exceptions that were thrown during the
      constructing/deconstructing of one of our classes [tool window] in its
      attempt to build connections to handle the IDE's events.

      2. This one is really ugly. When we load the ide sometimes it is
      duplicating every command create method call throughout Visual Studio. The
      results being that every command bar has two of the identical icons on it,
      every popup menu has two menu items the same, etc.

      If anyone has seen these types of issues I would much appreciate any input
      on its solution.

      Sincerely,

      Richard Adleta
      rca@...