VBProjectItemsEvents ?

  • carlos_j_quintero
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2002
      How can I get events for project items (Added, Renamed, Removed) of a
      project?

      Using:

      m_objProjectItemsEvents = CType
      (g_objEnvDTE.Events.SolutionItemsEvents, ProjectItemsEvents)

      only gets events for solution items, not for project items of a
      project.

      Where is the VBProjectItemsEvents that appears in this help about
      ProjectItemsEvents?:

      "The base interface from which the various project types derive their
      specific project items events interfaces.

      DTE
      Events
      ProjectItemsEvents

      Remarks
      A derivative of ProjectItemsEvents is supplied by each project type
      in Visual Studio that contributes a project automation model, but the
      name reflects the project type, such as VBProjectItemsEvents. These
      language-specific objects, based on ProjectItemsEvents, act as a
      source for the common events listed in Properties, Methods, and
      Events as well as additional events."

      Carlos
    • Denis Sukhoroslov
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2002
        Hi, Carlos.
        You can take a ProjectItemsEvents trough DTE.Events.MiscFilesEvents
        Good luck, Denis.

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Quintero Vivar, Carlos Javier
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4, 2002
          Yes, I know it, but it does not work. As you know, there are 3 kind of
          items: Project Items, Solution Items and Misc Files.

          - The events of DTE.Events.MiscFileEvents are fired only with Misc Files,
          not with Project Items
          - The events of DTE.Events.SolutionItemsEvents are fired only with Solution
          Items, not with Project Items.

          The docs says that there is a derived class VBProjectItemsEvents, based on
          ProjectItemsEvents, that I suppose should be used for Project Items in a VB
          Project, but I can not find them with the Object Browser.

          Any more ideas?

[...]

          Replies go to the entire list. Visit
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vsnetaddin
          archives, or change delivery options.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=217097.1902236.3397169.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17050072
          07:HM/A=960173/R=0/*http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=29150849&site
          id=39249818&bfpage=moneyyahoo4>

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=217097.1902236.3397169.1261774/D=egroupmai
          l/S=1705007207:HM/A=960173/rand=305059910>

          Replies go to the entire list. Visit
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vsnetaddin
          archives, or change delivery options.

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        • Denis Sukhoroslov
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 4, 2002
            I think - it is possible to find VB-speciffic information through DTE.VBProjects, but i never tried this.

            Denis.