Fix for the time bomb

  • jsklam@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2001
      Hi All,

      To fix the time bomb set on August 1, 2001 for the Visual Studio .NET
      professional beta 2:

      - Go to the "Control Pannel-Add/Remove Programs"
      - Select "Microsoft Visual Studio.NET 7.0 Professional - English"
      - Choose the "Service Releases" option

      For more information, go to:
      http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/sp/vsnetb2sp2/default.asp

      -Sang Lam
    • David Jeschke
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2001
        Um... I tried this fix. Once I clicked "Change/Remove" it did not give me
        the "Service Releases" option. It just went ahead and uninstalled Visual
        Studio.NET.

        The referenced page gives an alternative: "choose Check for Updates from the
        Visual Studio .NET Help menu" but only if the time limitation has not been
        activated. I would set your clock back, then run VS, and do it that way.

        Time to reinstall.... sigh.

        To fix the time bomb set on August 1, 2001 for the Visual Studio .NET
        professional beta 2:

        - Go to the "Control Pannel-Add/Remove Programs"
        - Select "Microsoft Visual Studio.NET 7.0 Professional - English"
        - Choose the "Service Releases" option

        For more information, go to:
        http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/sp/vsnetb2sp2/default.asp

        -Sang Lam