VSUserControlHost and VS.NET 2005 Beta

  • Kapil Sachdeva
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2005
      Hi,

      I have an addin using VSUserControlHost shim in VS.NET 2003 and was
      thinking to install it into VS.NET 2005 Beta.

      I added reg entries for 2005 but addin does not install. I am sure
      that it will take more than that.

      If someone could give directions on how I should approach this
      problem (reg entry, shim ? )

      Regards & thanks
      Kapil
    • Quintero Vivar, Carlos Javier
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2005
        I have not used VS 2005 yet, but according to:

        http://blogs.msdn.com/craigskibo/archive/2004/07/30/202562.aspx
        <http://blogs.msdn.com/craigskibo/archive/2004/07/30/202562.aspx>

        and

        http://blogs.msdn.com/craigskibo/archive/2003/09/30/51677.aspx
        <http://blogs.msdn.com/craigskibo/archive/2003/09/30/51677.aspx>

        neither the shim control nor the registry entries should be needed in VS
        2005 (although old thing should be supported yet, I suppose)...

        Best regards,

        Carlos J. Quintero

        MZ-Tools 4.0: Productivity add-ins for Visual Studio .NET
        You can code, design and document much faster.
        http://www.mztools.com <http://www.mztools.com>

        ________________________________

        I have an addin using VSUserControlHost shim in VS.NET 2003 and was
        thinking to install it into VS.NET 2005 Beta.

        I added reg entries for 2005 but addin does not install. I am sure
        that it will take more than that.

        If someone could give directions on how I should approach this
        problem (reg entry, shim ? )

        Regards & thanks
        Kapil

        Internet Email Confidentiality footer Este mensaje y cualquier fichero adjunto esta dirigido unicamente a sus destinatarios y pueden contener informacion confidencial. Si usted considera que ha recibido este correo electronico por error (por asunto, por remitente o por cualquier otra causa), le informamos que cualquier revision, alteracion, impresion copia o transmision de este mensaje o de cualquier fichero adjunto esta prohibida y puede constituir un acto ilegal. Por favor, notifiquele el error al remitente respondiendo a este e-mail y elimine el mensaje y su contenido inmediatamente.

        This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended soley for the use of the intended recipients and may contain confidential information. If it appears (from the subject matter or address information or otherwise) that you received this email in error, please note that any review, dissemination, disclosure, alteration, printing, copying or transmission of this e-mail or any file transmitted winth it is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please notify us by return email and delete this email and its contents immediately.