Why will AddIns install on some machines but not others?

  • david
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2004
      There is an AddIn on CodeProject
      (http://www.codeproject.com/dotnet/VersioningControlledBuild.asp)
      that I really like but can't install on my primary dev machine. I
      can install it and run it on my desktop. On my laptop, however,
      running it yields a File Not Found exception. If I answer "No" to
      the remove this AddIn error message, I never get the error again but
      uninstalling and reinstalling the AddIn results in MenuCommands that
      never do anything.

      How can I reset my laptop's AddIn memory? What happens to an
      installation of VS.NET such that it doesn't acknowledge certain
      AddIns any more? I like this AddIn so much that I've "repaired" my
      VS.NET installation, a very lengthy process, but nothing changes.

      Any ideas?