CreateLinkedWindowFrame( ) - how to dock and tabbify added tool windows?

  • Greg Woolley
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2004
      Hello,

      I'm trying to dock and tabbify tool windows. The tool windows
      will dock together yet I'm unable to get .Add(win3) toolwindow
      to tabbify as a group with the others. Can anyone explain how
      to do this? Thanks.

      Greg
      ----------------------------------

      Sub DockAndTabify3ToolWindows()

      Dim frameWin As Window

      Dim win1 As Window = DTE.Windows.Item _
      (Constants.vsWindowKindSolutionExplorer)

      Dim win2 As Window = DTE.Windows.Item _
      (Constants.vsWindowKindClassView)

      Dim win3 As Window = DTE.Windows.Item _
      (Constants.vsWindowKindResourceView)

      frameWin = DTE.Windows.CreateLinkedWindowFrame
      (win1, win2, vsLinkedWindowType.vsLinkedWindowTypeTabbed)

      frameWin.LinkedWindows.Add(win3) ' This links ok but isn't tabbed

      ' win3 docks with win1 and win2, though as separate
      ' window attached to the bottom, how to make win3
      ' unite with the tabbed group win1 and win2?

      End Sub