How to access the privatenews newsgroup?

  • Eric Promislow
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2003
      Are there any "old-style" VSIP partners who have been able to
      access the privatenews newsgroup?

      From what I've gleaned, everyone should login to the
      privatenews server with the user ID "privatenews/VSIPPartner"
      literally???? And since when did MS support using a forward-slash
      to separate the domain name from the user name?

      And what's the password, if "privatenews/VSIPPartner" really is
      the user name?

      I never received an email as I assumed that my access to the
      betanews ms nntp server would carry over to privatenews --
      apparently not. Seems like an error to me.

      Yes, I posted this to ms.public.vsnet.vsip on July 30, but that
      query seems to have terminated that thread.

      - Eric