RE: [vsnetaddin] Re: On Text changed

  • RAMESH SHRIVASTAV
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 1, 2003
      Here is something i wrote a while ago for VS 2002. May need some cleaning.
      http://groups.google.com/groups?q=author:ramshri%40hotmail.com&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=2b231141.0209171235.2542ffbd%40posting.google.com&rnum=1
      hope this helps,
      Ramesh
      www.fmsinc.com/dotnet

      Erick Sgarbi <erick@...> wrote:
      I am in the middle of creating a keyboard hook setting it via
      SetWindowsHookEx from a dllimport and unhooking it via UnHookWindowsEx.
      For now, I am able call in the "Edit.ListMembers" command whenever and
      wherever I type anything in the IDE, and I can also cancel this
      behaviour for the current line when pressing escape.

      Sure I am getting some weird stuff now but I'm still investigating how
      this is affecting the IDE's behaviour with Spy++. I need to do some
      cleaning up as well as decoupling the code.
      ! My goal is to create a custom Intellisense to work side by side with
      VS.Net's in order to provide language specific snippets of code such as
      foreach structures templates..etc.. Unfortunately I am a "one man's
      band" and can not afford VSIP as yet!
      I'll post any milestones.

      If anyone wants to help out or let me know that I am wasting my time,
      please do! Any help is appreciated because I need to put my kids through
      school!

      Cheers,
      Erick

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 1, 2003
        I Bow my head! Thanks Ramesh, indeed.
        I will keep you posted of any improvement but this is a great leap for
        what I am doing now.

        Cheers,
        ES

        > Excelent!! That works like a charm, cheers!
        > Now, the event only fires when I change lines, is there a way to
        fire it
        > when I type? Like a KeyPress Event???
        >
        > Thanks
        > ES

        Unfortunately, it seems that there is no way to track any key press
        events from the editor (at least using Extensibility API exposed by
        VS). May be someone can correct me?

        Thanks,
        Dmitry Shaporenkov

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor