Re: [vowpal_wabbit] Re: JohnLangford pushed to master at JohnLangford/vowpal_wabbit

  • Ariel Faigon
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 9, 2011
      On Sat, Jul 09, 2011 at 11:17:31AM -0400, John Langford wrote:
      > Oops missed this(*). It's incorporated now.
      >
      > I set the precision to 0.001 in the test file.
      >
      > -John
      >
      > (*) Excuse = was traveling, and then got sick while traveling. I'm
      > better now.

      Ah no problem at all. Glad you're feeling better, no need
      for excuses.

      Sorry, I was wrong not to mention that I also added a '-E <epsilon>'
      runtime option to RunTests so there's no need to change the hardwired
      default (0.0001) which I found to be working very well (on vw,
      not lda maybe) in the past.

      Thanks!

      --
      Peace, Ariel
    • John Langford
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 9, 2011
        > Ah no problem at all. Glad you're feeling better, no need
        > for excuses.
        >
        > Sorry, I was wrong not to mention that I also added a '-E<epsilon>'
        > runtime option to RunTests so there's no need to change the hardwired
        > default (0.0001) which I found to be working very well (on vw,
        > not lda maybe) in the past.

        I noticed, and that's in use rather than changing the hardcoded default.

        -John