Brawl 2012

  • J.D. Parker
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2012
      Hello Everyone!

      The Sprawl tryouts are over and their team will be one of the most competitive in the southwest region! With the the final Sprawl roster being set, everyone that is still interested in playing competitive open club ultimate should consider playing with Brawl this year.  This team has the potential to compete on the club level with the pool of talent we have here in Arizona. We have already had some great players from Phoenix and Tucson commit to playing with Brawl all summer.

      This email serves the purpose of getting the ball rolling for the formation of our team. Last Tuesday night we had some great numbers.  We were able to run a few drills and then scrimmage Sprawl to a game of 13.

      Practices:

      1. Tuesday nights at Tempe Sports Complex from 8pm-10pm. (The first hour of practice will include drills, learning new plays or systems. The second hour will include a scrimmage against the Phoenix Sprawl players)
      2. If interest is high enough, we are looking at Thursday nights. (Fernz has already volunteered his time to work with the team here.)
      3. Possible Saturday scrimmages in Phoenix, Casa Grande or Tucson. (In order to bring together the Tucson and Phoenix/Flagstaff players, we will try to have one to two Saturday scrimmages in Casa Grande)
      4. Ideas have been floating around for doing a "camp" weekend near Payson sometime in early July.

      Tournaments:

      As for now, it looks like we will attend 2-3 tournaments before the Series.

      1. Colorado Cup- July 21st and 22nd in Boulder, CO
      2. San Diego Tournament- (This is still being planned and we are not sure exactly when this will take place.  I have seen August 4th and 5th and sometime in July mentioned.)
      3. Other possible Cali Tourney- (I am currently talking to a friend on Renegade about other tourneys in Cali.)

      First Meeting:

      We would love to have our first meeting Tuesday the 12th at 7:15pm at Tempe Sports Complex. Here we can gauge what everyone's goals are, both personal and for the team. We will also try to have nominations for leadership. Please be on time so that the meeting does not run into practice time!

      If you know you can't make practice and are interested in joining the team, email me at jdparker.jp@... with the following info.

      1. Name
      2. Interest & Commitment level (Will you be able to attend practices, tournaments etc...)
      3. Experience (College? Club? League?)
      4. Any other info

      Tucson players: We need someone that is in Tucson to help organize the half of the team down South. Please email me if you are interested.

      I hope to see you all out Tuesday night!

      JD Parker
      806-570-3328
      jdparker.jp@...