Transition to Democracy

  • kaitm2001
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2008
      Dear Friend

      This is to invite your country to participate in a discussion
      group in which we aim to come (together with your help) to a commonly
      agreed best electoral system possible for the future long-term of
      your country and for the freedom, empowerment and success of your
      people.

      Please can you forward this email on to one or two contacts at your
      national government's head office or ruling political party or ruling
      family's email facility, so they may have the opportunity to benefit
      from this. It is free and entirely in friendship & cooperation & for
      their/your benefit, and it is important, because it is about getting
      it absolutely right. I have set up this forum in order that good
      ideas may be exchanged, shared and celebrated, as we look to building
      a better tomorrow for our peoples.

      Several neutral citizen's groups like amnesty international and
      freedom house agree that yours is one of many countries that are not
      yet fully free & democratic - perhaps no countries in the world yet
      are (all! still face challenges of how to avoid having the 10 or 20
      biggest funding contributors being so damn influencial in the
      election process! and hence in influencing the government which is
      meant to always be impartial & true to its people and their best
      interests - also, how to get the best impartial coverage out of the
      media and how to give ordinary people as much of a say as the big
      multinational corporations are given is another challenge that no
      country I know of has yet fully mastered).

      look at the messages that are posted on this group so far and add a
      response or counter-proposal (or email reply to me) with an
      explanation of why other ways may be more ethical for you or more
      beneficial, or seeking a commonly agreed best way forward. I welcome
      your input as I welcome you accepting mine.

      Best wishes & kind regards, K. M of
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transitiontodemocracy/