Re: [voodoopad] file links

  • Gus Mueller
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 16, 2003
      Warner Onstine (warner@...) wrote:
      > On Wednesday, July 16, 2003, at 10:20 AM, Gus Mueller wrote:
      >
      > > Let's say the file name is "pdf file.pdf" - do you already have a page
      > > called "pdf" in the document? If that's the case, then VoodooPad will
      > > see that first. This probably won't be fixed for the 1.1 release, but
      > > I've got some ideas on how to fix it in the next.
      >
      > No, this is a brand new pad (actually just downloaded yesterday after I
      > saw the Innovators thing).
      >
      > I will outline my intentions so that it's clear exactly what I did.
      <snip>

      > But the only way I can actually click on the file name is to highlight
      > the full name and then click on link.

      Ok- I'll take a closer look at this soon.

      > Having a Python hook is an interesting idea. I'm going to download your
      > Python scripts and see what they do.

      I don't really have a python interpreter stuck in VP- it just calls
      python like any other script might- you could easily do the same with
      ruby, perl, bash or whatever you have installed.

      thanks,

      -gus

      --
      Flying Meat Software http://flyingmeat.com/
      "Christmas means carnage!" -- Ferdinand, the duck
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 16, 2003
        On Wednesday, July 16, 2003, at 11:02 AM, Gus Mueller wrote:

        > Warner Onstine (warner@...) wrote:
        >> On Wednesday, July 16, 2003, at 10:20 AM, Gus Mueller wrote:
        >>
        >>> Let's say the file name is "pdf file.pdf" - do you already have a
        >>> page
        >>> called "pdf" in the document? If that's the case, then VoodooPad
        >>> will
        >>> see that first. This probably won't be fixed for the 1.1 release,
        >>> but
        >>> I've got some ideas on how to fix it in the next.
        >>
        >> No, this is a brand new pad (actually just downloaded yesterday after
        >> saw the Innovators thing).
        >>
        >> I will outline my intentions so that it's clear exactly what I did.
        > <snip>
        >>
        >> But the only way I can actually click on the file name is to highlight
        >> the full name and then click on link.
        >
        > Ok- I'll take a closer look at this soon.

        Thanks much appreciated :-).

        >> Having a Python hook is an interesting idea. I'm going to download
        >> your
        >> Python scripts and see what they do.
        >
        > I don't really have a python interpreter stuck in VP- it just calls
        > python like any other script might- you could easily do the same with
        > ruby, perl, bash or whatever you have installed.

        I meant to include this in the last e-mail. What about using something
        like PyObjC (http://pyobjc.sourceforge.net/) to allow hooks into the
        API to do fun stuff :-)?

        -warner

        > thanks,
        >
        > -gus
        >
        > --
        > Flying Meat Software http://flyingmeat.com/
        > "Christmas means carnage!" -- Ferdinand, the duck

        > ---------------------~-->
        > Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US &
        > Canada. Low prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson,
        > Lexmark & more.
        > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/EGnolB/TM

      • Gus Mueller
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 16, 2003
          Warner Onstine (warner@...) wrote:
          > I meant to include this in the last e-mail. What about using something
          > like PyObjC (http://pyobjc.sourceforge.net/) to allow hooks into the
          > API to do fun stuff :-)?

          I'm not sure that for most people this would be of any benefit- but I do
          want to add a plugin api for the 1.2 release (that's not a promise!).
          I really like python though, so hopefully something like this could
          happen that way..

          thanks,

          -gus