Gripes

  • Ralph & Betty Midgley
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2003
      Dear Paul,

          Our Spanish friend is here again!  However, I do see his objection to learning English before he can learn Volapük.   I don't think I'd be well pleased if I had to learn Spanish before being able to learn Volapük!

          However, I've given everyone a chance of compiling a basic dictionary in these languages without one.   As you'll see, I've started with Spanish, and English doesn't even start!   (By the way, I'd have thought that learning English nowadays was an added bonus, but there you are;  you can please some of the people some of the time, but you never seem to be able to please all the people all of the time).

          All the Best from Ralph.
    • Brennus Legranus
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 28, 2003
        Dear Paul and Ralph,

        It seems unlikely that anyone will come to Volapük other than after
        Esperanto. Eve if I am wrong, one can easily get hold of an
        Esperanto dictionary into one's own language, and, in the same way as
        I use a German/English dictionary when using de Jong's 'Wörterbch der
        Weltsprache' it is not difficult to go through Esperanto.

        For that reason, I would recommend that anyone of any language get
        hold of Cherpillod's dictionary and grammar.

        Our Spanish friend is here again! However, I do see his objection
        to learning English before he can learn Volapük. I don't think I'd
        be well pleased if I had to learn Spanish before being able to learn
        Volapük!

        However, I've given everyone a chance of compiling a basic
        dictionary in these languages without one. As you'll see, I've
        started with Spanish, and English doesn't even start! (By the way,
        I'd have thought that learning English nowadays was an added bonus,
        but there you are; you can please some of the people some of the
        time, but you never seem to be able to please all the people all of
        the time).

        All the Best from Ralph.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor