Volapük type conventions.

  • Brennus Volapükan
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2014

      Bas,

      For the first few years of Volapük, Schleyer invented three characters to represent the modified vowels, later and today written as a,o,u, umlaut, i.e. ä, ö, ü.   You can see these to the right of the page:   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volap%C3%BCk#Orthography_and_pronunciation

      I hope this helps.