'jenoten volapuka'

  • Ian Fantom
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 13 9:39 AM
      Dear list owner,

      I'm trying to trace details of the book 'jenoten volapuka'.

      I doesn't come up on an internet search. Can you help me.

      Regards,
      Ian Fantom.
    • Magnus Henoch
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 13 12:23 PM

        On Nov 13, 2013 6:01 PM, "Ian Fantom" <everson@...> wrote:

        > Dear list owner,
        >
        > I'm trying to trace details of the book  'jenoten volapuka'.
        >
        > I doesn't come up on an internet search. Can you help me.

        That should be 'jenotem volapüka' (M instead of N).

        Hope this helps,
        Magnus

        > Regards,
        > Ian Fantom.

        > <*> Your email settings:
        >     Individual Email | Traditional
        >
        > <*> To change settings online go to:
        >     (Yahoo! ID required)
        >
        > <*> To change settings via email:
        >     volapuk-digest@yahoogroups.com
        >     volapuk-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        > <*> Your use of Yahoo Groups is subject to:
        >     http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/

      • Donald Gasper
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 13 5:54 PM
          Hi, Ian,

          Try 'Jenotem  Volapüka'!

          Glidis,

          Donald

          > To: volapuk-owner@yahoogroups.com
          > From: everson@...
          > Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 17:39:27 +0000
          > Subject: [volapuk] 'jenoten volapuka'
          >
          > Dear list owner,
          >
          > I'm trying to trace details of the book 'jenoten volapuka'.
          >
          > I doesn't come up on an internet search. Can you help me.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Ian Fantom.

          > <*> Your email settings:
          > Individual Email | Traditional
          >
          > <*> To change settings online go to:
          > (Yahoo! ID required)
          >
          > <*> To change settings via email:
          > volapuk-digest@yahoogroups.com
          > volapuk-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          > <*> Your use of Yahoo Groups is subject to:
          > http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/

        • Arden R. Smith
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 13 8:29 PM
            The actual full title, as it appears in my copy, is: Jenotem valemapüka ,Volapük'.

            It was written by Johann Schmidt, published in 1964 by Volapükagased in Amsterdam, and printed by Drukkerij Repko in Voorburg (Netherlands). It's 35 pages long, softcover, staple bound.

            Arden

            On Nov 13, 2013, at 9:39 AM, Ian Fantom wrote:

            > Dear list owner,
            >
            > I'm trying to trace details of the book 'jenoten volapuka'.
            >
            > I doesn't come up on an internet search. Can you help me.
            >
            > Regards,
            > Ian Fantom.
            >

            > ------------------------------------
            >
            > Yahoo Groups Links

          • Arden R. Smith
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 13 10:57 PM
              Translations of Johann Schmidt's "Jenotem valemapüka ,Volapük'" into German (Geschichte der Universalsprache Volapük) and Esperanto (Historio de la universal lingvo Volapuko) are available from the Universala Esperanto-Asocio:

              http://katalogo.uea.org/katalogo.php?inf=711
              http://katalogo.uea.org/katalogo.php?inf=5051

              Arden
            • Hermann Philipps
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 14 1:30 AM
                The German version (Geschichte der Universalsprache Volapük) by
                Johann Schmidt exists as a typescript from 1963, only.
                It seems to be a first draft before Schmidt translated it into Volapük
                while revising the text. The German version contains a large number of
                typos and misspellings, and differs from the Volapük text, although
                the general outlines correspond closely. It seems obvious that this
                German version was not intended for printing. It still contains a
                number of hand-written corrections, and Schmidt's German would have
                required careful editing.

                Currently I am transcribing this typescript to make it available on
                the net to Volapükans with some German under the belt. So far, 30
                pages (of 52) are done. I intend to place the Volapük and German texts
                in two columns side by side to allow comparison and to give assistance
                (for people capable of German) in understanding the Volapük.

                Hermann Philipps