Date locale for Volapük

  • Michael Everson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2012
      If we were to have a CLDR date locale for Volapük, computers could display the date (for instance) in the computer menus. Esperanto has such a locale, for instance.

      One of the things that's needed is abbreviations for month and week names. Here are my suggestions:

      yanul, febul, mäzul, prilul, mayul, yunul, yulul, gustul, setul, tobul, novul, dekul

      yan feb mäz pril may yun yul gust set tob nov dek --

      or should we use pri or prl and gus or gst for prilul and gustul?

      Y F M P M Y Y G S T N D --

      there's a lot of duplication here; another option might be

      A F Ä P M Y L G S T N D
      or
      Y F Z P M N L G S T V D

      sudel, mudel, tudel, vedel, dödel, fridel, zädel

      sud mud tud ved död fri zäd

      S M T V D F Z

      What do you think?

    • Wolfe
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 9, 2012
        I would love for my computer to display the date in Volapük. It doesn't seem like we can eloquently shorten the months to one letter, but the three letter month abbreviations are quite nice (I'd go with prl and gst for Prilul and Gustul).

        For the days of the week, why not just su, mu, tu, ve, dö, fr, and zä?