Re: [volapuk] Arie de Jong

  • Ralph Midgley
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 12 7:29 AM
      Yes.   Arie de Jong wrote „Gramat Volapüka,”   which explains everything clearly.

      It is available in FILES under the heading : GRAMAT VOLAPÜKA IN VOLAPÜK.

      If you would like me to send you a copy of it, please advise me accordingly.

      May I just say that this revision is the same language as the original.   The main changes which were made concerned vocabulary;   the gramatical changes are minimal.   In fact, those first students of Volapük would also be able to use the revised version.   The reason for the revision was that different clubs had begun to use different forms of the language, and for the sake of linguistic unity, de Jong produced his revision with the full consent of the then  Cifal.