File - Code Of Conduct

  • voice_actor_appreciation@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2010
      Welcome to The Voice Actor Appreciation Society.
      We're pleased to have you join our online community and discussion forum.

      You're more than welcome to introduce yourself to the group (mention a few of
      your favorite voice actors and why you enjoy their work). But it's also okay to
      "lurk"--you don't have to post anything if you don't want to.

      But prior to posting any messages, we ask that members follow the group
      guidelines and code of conduct.

      =================Code of Conduct================
      The Voice Actor Appreciation Society is unmoderated in order to allow a free and
      open discussion as much as possible. But to maintain the group's focus on the
      discussion of professional voice actors, these guidelines have been set up out
      of consideration for all group members and the primary reason for which the
      group was created:

      Members are welcome to discuss or pose questions related to: their favorite
      voice actors; share related news, trivia, weblinks, and anecdotes (meeting
      voice actors in person, etc); reviews (of media involving voice actors); and
      just about anything else as long as it pertains to professional voice actors.

      Also open to discussion: animated cartoons (TV, film, video, DVD); web cartoons
      (but only if they feature noted voice actors); Anime or Japanese animation
      voice actors (be they Seiyuu or dub VAs); old-time radio shows; radio theatre
      (audio dramatizations); ventriloquists; celebrity impressionists; spoken word
      recordings; TV/Radio voiceover artists; radio personalities; and fan
      conventions or other events with voice actors in attendance.

      Please avoid using obscenities or other forms of adult language. A PG-13 level
      would be about right since the list was originally intended to be friendly for
      all ages.

      If there are complaints from group members, posts considered to be
      inappropriate and abusive will be deleted, and those posting such messages
      may have their membership revoked.

      IMPORTANT: Please do not post business/commercial-related, self-promotional
      items or they will be deleted. [The only exception being the bi-monthly group
      events: "Off Topic Day" and "Shameless Self-Promotion Day."] The group is
      intended to be a casual forum where those of common interest can discuss voice
      actors. Please have respect and consideration for other group members and the
      purpose for which the group was created.

      If, however, you feel that your business-related or self-promotional item would
      be of interest to the group (such as a fan convention with noted voice actors
      in attendance, or an open casting call for voice-over artists), you must first
      request permission in advance from the group's host, Craig "Voiceroy" Crumpton
      (voiceroy@...). This includes using the group's member list for
      unsolicited commercial and/or self-promotional emails or invitations such as
      requests to join other groups or social networking sites. Violation of this
      could result in termination of membership. And please understand that only in
      rare cases has permission been given for such promotional messages.

      Also, please request permission from the host before posting anything not
      related to professional voice actors. This applies to any fan-related projects,
      original works, self-promotional advertisements and any self-published
      materials which are not specifically related to professional voice actors.
      And, most importantly, just have fun. =)

      To go to the group homepage, please click on the link below:

      And to post a message, the group address is:
      voice_actor_appreciation@yahoogroups.com

      We also have a spinoff "satellite campus" on Facebook.com for any members who
      are on FB and would like to join:

      http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=38187896886

      Thanks for taking the time to read this, and again,
      we thank you for joining our group.

      Craig "Voiceroy" Crumpton
      Host: The Voice Actor Appreciation Society
    • voice_actor_appreciation@yahoogroups.com