VA Sightings

  • Craig Crumpton
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2008
      I saw the movie "Mixed Nuts" (1994) over the holidays and was stunned
      to see Christine Cavanaugh's name in the credits but didn't remember
      seeing her in the movie.

      It's because she didn't have a speaking role in it -- she's in a few
      scenes briefly as a police officer, but the motorcycle helmet kind of
      obscures her face...making her even harder to ID in the film.

      Anyone else surprised recently from spotting a known voice talent in a
      TV show or movie?
    • EBelcher@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2008
        Chiara Zanni (she's worked on Inuyasha and Hamtaro) is starring on the N's
        About A Girl series,it's a sitcom.

        In a message dated 1/2/2008 3:41:05 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
        voiceroy@... writes:

        I saw the movie "Mixed Nuts" (1994) over the holidays and was stunned
        to see Christine Cavanaugh's name in the credits but didn't remember
        seeing her in the movie.

        It's because she didn't have a speaking role in it -- she's in a few
        scenes briefly as a police officer, but the motorcycle helmet kind of
        obscures her face...making her even harder to ID in the film.

        Anyone else surprised recently from spotting a known voice talent in a
        TV show or movie?

      • Sarah
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2008
          Not so recent, but a few years ago I saw this wonderful little romantic dramedy from 1991 called Dogfight (starring River Phoenix and Lili Taylor). I was surprised to see E.G. Daily from Rugrats in the credits. I had never seen her in a live action role before. She actually plays a toothless prostitute in a few scenes, and she has some lines.

          Here's a pic of her from the film.

        • Craig Crumpton
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 12, 2008
            Here's another one that was really unexpected.

            So there I was watching "Dreamgirls" on DVD with my wife Friday night,
            and lo and behold...there was Gregg Berger accepting payola as a radio DJ.

            Craig