Fwd: [NativePlantseast] Fwd: Support this great environmental film project!

  • Mary Ann Lawler
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2012
      Note Doug Tallamy's role and the youtube link.  ma

      From: Catherine Zimmerman <catherinezimmerman@...>
      Date: January 20, 2012 1:58:39 PM EST
      To: Donna Williamson <donnawilliamson2002@...>

      Hello Fellow Native Plant Lovers,

      Thank you for your support and notes of encouragement.  I'm overwhelmed by your well wishes!

      I want to update you.  With your backing, we just surpassed $8,000 and are 40% funded!  I'm feeling very positive that this film will be completed on time.  (Earth Day)

      I'm also pleased that Doug Tallamy's segment of the film has been viewed 350 times in the last five days!  This is a great way to spread our message that native plants are crucial to healthy ecosystems.  If you do nothing else, pass along the link to the video.

      Thank you!

      Catherine

      *********************

      Some of you know me but for those who don't, I am a sustainable landscape designer, author and film maker in the Washington, DC area.  You may have also seen a clip circulating the internet with Doug Tallamy (Bringing Nature Home) from the film I am producing on reducing lawn, eliminating pesticides, bringing back native habitat and expanding understanding and acceptance of native landscapes.

      I am on a mission! I have been on this mission for four years and have given it my every waking hour and tens of thousands of my own dollars. I am trying to finish production on the 60-minute companion film to my book Urban & Suburban Meadows.  Now it is in the final stages of being completed, but I need your help.

      In December, I discovered Kickstarter, an amazing fundraising website.  Kickstarter relies on social networking like Facebook, email, blogs and Twitter for success. They accepted my project and we launched the fundraiser January 7th. We are off to a great start! In one week we have raised over $5,000! But Kickstarter is an all-or-nothing concept. We must make the $20,000 goal or no funding will take place. More importantly, unless we make the goal, this film might not be finished for years, if at all. And that would be a shame because Urban & Suburban Meadows, along with this companion film, can truly make a difference in the ecology of homes, businesses, and public areas across the country!

      Take a look at The Meadow Project page on Kickstarter to get more details and see a clip of the film. And while you're there, "like" the project, link it onto your Facebook and Twitter accounts and please make a commitment to the project!

      When you donate to The Meadow Project, depending on your donation level, you will receive a personalized copy of my book and/or the first release of the companion film and more! But, more importantly, you will be helping to spread the word that individual people can do something locally to save money, save energy, and save the environment!

      Please support this project by pledging and/or sharing the the link with your friends, family or anyone interested in saving the environment, along with an enthusiastic recommendation of support!  The more friends, the better.  Again, Kickstarter is an all or nothing fundraiser.  If the funding goal is not met, no money changes hands.

      I greatly appreciate your time and effort.

      All the best,

      Catherine

      Urban & Suburban Meadows
      With 48 Million acres of lawn in the US, a film aimed at
      helping people just say "NO" to thirsty, pesticide-ridden,
      energy-consuming lawns.

      The Meadow Project
      Catherine Zimmerman

      Donna Williamson
      The Virginia Gardener's Companion: An Insider's Guide to Low-Maintenance Gardening in Virginia
      Piedmont-Blue Ridge Horticulture Society (pbrhs.org)
              "Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree."
              -- Martin Luther King, Jr.