I have met my Doppleganger, and his name is Trent Loos....

  • Pamela Rice
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2003
      I have met my Doppleganger, and his name is Trent Loos.....

      Trent Loos is just like me. He is an advocate for a point of view. He
      is fiercely interested in understanding the people he opposes. And on
      a personal level, he's polite and cordial. He's just like me, except
      that his views are diametrically opposed to mine. He advocates what
      he calls "production agriculture." I would call it factory farming.

      By knee jerk it seems Trent refuses to accept any piece of
      information that indicts his industry, whether obtained through
      scientific discovery or first-hand account.

      Trent and I met for three hours at the Veg City Diner (New York City)
      on Monday, May 19th (2003). We had so much to talk about, because we
      both live and breathe the same subject matter. But again, we
      disagreed on simply everything!

      I believe in hearing "the other side" on every issue. The more I hear
      these opposing arguments, the better my own are shaped.

      If this kind of approach appeals to you, check out Trent's Web site:
      http://www.maninnature.com/Library/Collections/TrentLoos/ ,

      and then hear the sound file for Trent's radio program. He
      interviewed me when we met at Veg City Diner.
      Sound file (Loos Tales):
      http://www.maninnature.com/Library/Collections/TrentLoos/LT23May03.mp3

      In an earlier radio broadcast, Trent alluded to me. That sound file
      may also be of interest to you. Go to:
      http://www.maninnature.com/Library/Collections/TrentLoos/LT14Mar03.mp3
      for that program.

      Now, go to:
      http://www.vivavegie.org/vv101/loos.html
      to read the essay that Trent wrote that began our dialogue.

      **********
      Definition: DOPPLEGANGER: From the German, meaning 'double walker,' a
      ghostly double or counterpart of a living person.
      Go to: http://www.occultopedia.com/d/doppelganger.htm
      The belief that each person has an identical 'twin' somewhere, though
      they are unrelated, is a very ancient one. Sometimes the Doppelganger
      is the direct opposite personality of the real person; a very nice
      person will have an evil Doppelganger and vice-versa. Legend says
      that if the two should meet, they will both die.

      /Pamela Rice
      president, VivaVegie Society
      http://www.vivavegie.org