Pamela Rice speaking at the Bird Club, Sat., Oct. 20

  • Pamela Rice
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2007
      http://www.manhattanbirdclub.com/index-events.html

      Author of 101 Reasons Why I'm a Vegetarian to speak

      The author of 101 Reasons Why I'm a Vegetarian (pamphlet and book)
      Pamela Rice will give a talk with discussion on Saturday, October 20,
      2007 at the New York Bird Club.

      Ms. Rice will begin with a short overview of the eleven main topics
      in her "101 Reasons...".

      She will then lead the group in a lively discussion, fielding
      inquiries about every aspect of the veggie lifestyle, from the
      personal to the societal, environmental, health, and ethical.

      Saturday, October 20, 2007

      1 p.m.

      Meeting Place: 242 E. 53rd Street, 3rd floor Manhattan, NYC

      BIO:

      Pamela Rice (NYC)

      Pamela Rice is the author of the popular pamphlet "101 Reasons Why
      I'm a Vegetarian." She has been keeping this, her "mighty convincer,"
      up to date with seven different editions since 1991. Over 200,000
      have been distributed. The pamphlet has recently been expanded into a
      full-length book with the same name (Lantern Books). Ms. Rice also
      runs the Vegetarian Center of New York City and frequently engages in
      creative vegetarian street outreach with fellow activists. Her
      efforts have converted many a meat eater.

      Writings, reviews, interviews:
      http://www.vivavegie.org/101book/reviews.htm

      Podcast:
      http://www.vivavegie.org/podcast/