Lantern Authors Greger and Weil in NYC

  • Pamela Rice
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2006
      November is education month for Lantern Books

      * Nov. 2 Michael Greger, MD teaches us how to beat Bird Flu; and
      * Nov. 18 & 19 Zoe Weil conducts the Sowing Seeds Humane Education Workshop.

      ***************

      Michael Greger, MD, author of Bird Flu: A Virus of Our Own Hatching,
      will be discussing the impending bird flu pandemic this Thursday,
      November 2 at 7 p.m.

      Dr. Greger says, "Please help me get this critical information out
      there. A pandemic, by very definition, threatens everyone, but the
      goal is to be prepared, not scared. There are simple things we can do
      right now to protect ourselves and our communities."

      Best of all, Dr. Greger manages to deliver the bad news with humor
      and style. Join him Thursday, Novem! ber 2, 7:00pm at Stand Up, NY.
      236 W. 78th St. (at Broadway)
      New York City
      (301) 258-3110

      ***************

      Join Zoe Weil and The International Institute for Humane Education to
      learn exciting, new approaches for teaching about human rights,
      environmental preservation, animal protection, media and culture,
      November 18 & 19. The workshop isn't only for teachers! Open to
      activists of all stripes.

      Weil is the author of Lantern's upcoming book Claude and Medea.

      Sowing the Seeds Humane Education Workshop
      Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
      Sunday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

      Sponsored by HE! ART (Humane Education Advocates Reaching Teachers).

      The workshop will be held at the Island School:
      442 East Houston Street
      New York City

      Early Registration: $180 (by November 2)
      After November 2: $220
      Student Registration: $70
      Click here to apply for financial aid.

      To register, visit http://www.IIHEd.org/events/workshops/newyork.html
      , the Institute's website or call (207) 667-1025

      http://lanternbooks.com
      Lantern Books