Re: [visvalleyparents] Re: FEEDBACK- Closure of post offices in our neighborhoods

  • Mehera Reiter
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 27 8:34 PM
      Hey Marlene,

      Thats a good idea. Do you know how to get in contact with these people such as Supervisors, senators, city, state & federal agencies , we could email out their contact info so others could voice their concern as well collectively.

      Mehera

      On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 11:32 PM, marlene tran <tranmarlene@...> wrote:

      Hi Mehera, Nanette & Anne,
      Excellent point!  Although USPS is a federal agency, let's appeal to our Supervisors, senators, city, state & federal agencies for help. How about mayoral candidates?
      Let's find ways to prevent these closures before it's too late.
      Marlene

      The only closest one I can think of if the unthinkable happened and they close both VV post office and the McLaren one is the Excelsior post office, near Safeway in the Mission, and that one is nearly impossible to go to if you have to drive there because of the parking situation.
      Nanette

      I agree with Mehera, and I wonder if there is a map of post offices we could look at, because I'm sure that people from our neighborhood will have to travel quite far to a post office if both Vis. Valley and McLaren Station close. The post office on Leland is one of our few neighborhood amenities. Also, closure of either post office seems shortsighted, considering the influx of new residents when housing is built at Schlage, Sunnydale, Candlestick, etc...

      Anne Seeman