Re: [visvalleyparents] Re: Closure of post offices in our neighborhoods ( District 10)

  • Mehera Reiter
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 26 9:45 PM
      I think this is wrong, how come they are considering closing post offices that cater to people in low income neighborhoods in San Francisco rather than the more affluent neighborhoods, like the Marina, Potrero Hill, or Pac Heights. It shows who gets catered to in this city, the rich.

      On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 5:07 PM, marlene tran <tranmarlene@...> wrote:

      " The offices in San Francisco that could close are the Bayview-Hunters Point station, the McLaren station, the Visitacion Valley station, the Civic Center post office box unit and the station in the Federal Building on Golden Gate Avenue" .

    • anne seeman
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 26 11:09 PM
        I agree with Mehera, and I wonder if there is a map of post offices we could look at, because I'm sure that people from our neighborhood will have to travel quite far to a post office if both Vis. Valley and McLaren Station close. The post office on Leland is one of our few neighborhood amenities. Also, closure of either post office seems shortsighted, considering the influx of new residents when housing is built at Schlage, Sunnydale, Candlestick, etc...

        Anne Seeman

        I think this is wrong, how come they are considering closing post offices that cater to people in low income neighborhoods in San Francisco rather than the more affluent neighborhoods, like the Marina, Potrero Hill, or Pac Heights. It shows who gets catered to in this city, the rich.

        On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 5:07 PM, marlene tran <tranmarlene@...> wrote:

        " The offices in San Francisco that could close are the Bayview-Hunters Point station, the McLaren station, the Visitacion Valley station, the Civic Center post office box unit and the station in the Federal Building on Golden Gate Avenue" .

      • Nanette
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 26 11:21 PM
          The only closest one I can think of if the unthinkable happened and they close both VV post office and the McLaren one is the Excelsior post office, near Safeway in the Mission, and that one is nearly impossible to go to if you have to drive there because of the parking situation.