Fw: Is my playground safe ?

  • marlene tran
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2011

      From: Meredith Thomas, Executive Director <Meredith_Thomas_Executive_Direct@...>
      Subject: Is my playground safe?
      Date: Wednesday, June 22, 2011, 2:46 PM

      Meredith signature
      Meredith Thomas
      Executive Director

      P.S. Read more about NPC's Playground Initiative and its revitalization efforts by visiting sfnpc.org!
      This email looks better with images!
      Thank you, Marlene!

      Because of generous support from donors like you, fewer people have to ask that question in San Francisco. Today, through donations and volunteer effort, more neighborhood playgrounds are clean, safe and beautiful.

      Kids Jumping SunsetAccording to our 2010 Playground Report Card playground safety conditions are improving. With the dedication of amazing community park groups, people near McLaren Park, Dolores Park, and West Sunset Park will be celebrating playground openings in the next year. Their playgrounds will soon be fun and safe places for families to take their children.  In addition, groups at Mountain Lake Park and Kimbell Park are working to make sure playgrounds will have no hazardous objects in the sand and swings don’t have missing chains.

      But we can’t yet say that about all of our playgrounds—many are still in serious disrepair. The Neighborhood Parks Council is committed to seek support, help park groups, advocate, and garner volunteer energy into cleanup days until ALL of our playgrounds are places you’d be glad to take your child. And, our hopes just got a little higher:

      In recognition of the need, and to inspire more people to donate, the Mimi and Peter Haas Fund has challenged us to raise an additional $20,000, which they will match dollar for dollar!

      Your support, doubled by the challenge, can help us improve some of our city’s neediest and least safe playgrounds. Please make your most generous gift now by clicking this link—we’ll put your doubled dollars right to work!

      For our parks,
      Stay connected with NPC:
      Twitter-256x256 FaceBook_256x256Picture 7
      Double the gift of playgrounds:
      make-donation

      Click to view this email in a browser

      If you no longer wish to receive any emails from NPC, please reply to this message with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line or simply click on the following link: Unsubscribe

      Neighborhood Parks Council
      451 Hayes St 2nd Fl
      San Francisco, California 94102
      US
      Try Email Marketing with VerticalResponse!