Playday at Herz Playground - McLaren Park

  • Ifitefire4u@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2011

      Play Day 2011
      Neighborhood Parks Council (NPC) is hosting Play Day with our event partner Let’s Go Chipper at Herz Playground on Friday May 6th from 10am to 2pm.
      Play Day, an annual event, shines a spotlight on San Francisco’s playgrounds and highlights the importance of play in our city. Joined also by the San Francisco Recreation and Park Department (RPD), this 2-hour workday will be followed by a fun, family-friendly event led by Let’s Go Chipper.
      Friday May 6th
      Volunteer workday: 10am-noon
      Family event: noon-2pm

      Play Day is the kick-off to the Playground Initiative, a series of summer clean-up days at in-need playgrounds prioritized with RPD. Herz Playground is located in Visitacion Valley. The site received a D-grade in our 2010 Playground Report Card and so it could use some extra love from volunteers.
      Interested in joining us for the event portion of the day? Contact NPC for more information at (415) 621-3260 or council@....
      Financial support provided by Growing Up for Good.
      Play Day 2010
      Last year’s event was held at the Peru Avenue Play Area in McLaren Park. This play area will be renovated this year thanks to the efforts of the Playground Initiative and a community group called Help McLaren Park. Click here to see photos from Play Day 2010.

      --
      Help McLaren Park