Tree Frog Treks is at the Louis Sutter Clubhouse

  • Ifitefire4u@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29 3:08 PM
      I stopped by the other day to see three lucky little boys handling a large red looking toad while their instructor explained its markings and habits.  Its a shame there wasn't more kids  taking advantage of this amazing opportunity right here in our own back yard.  I sure wish my son was old enough.  I think the starting age is 5 years old.  I know Cris from Tree Frog Treks personally. He rescued 3 gopher snakes from my airport firehouse who had lost their home due to development at the airport.  He has an amazing gift of teaching young children in a fun yet "weird science" kind of way that keeps them intrigued and asking questions.  Please consider bringing your child to the Louis Sutter clubhouse if they are available to take advantage of this wonderful programming, all for free!!!

      Chuck Farrugia
      -- Help McLaren Park

      Here's a letter we received a while back on the subject....

      All,
      I want to formally announce a short term pilot program that we will be launching at Louis Sutter Clubhouse shortly. San Francisco Recreation and Parks Department is excited to be partnering with Tree Frog Treks to offer the Slam Dunk Science Center Project, a  combination basketball athletic clinic and hands-on science center complete with High Five for Homework tutoring assistance.
      Programming will run from 2-6pm Monday - Friday until May 30th, when RPD will begin its summer camp programming. This wonderful partnership, with a grant from DCYF, will allow us to offer these services at no charge whatsoever to the community.

      We look forward to seeing you all at Louis Sutter in the coming months.
      Thanks,

      Lev Kushner
      Assistant Director - Strategic Partnerships
      Partnerships & Resource Development
      SF Recreation and Park Department
      415.831.2771