Movie Night and Visitacion Valley Market Bazaar

  • r_morine
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2013
      Mark your calendars....

      Visitacion Valley Connections will hold its first Movie Night in the Park event on Friday October 18th, 2013! The event will be held in Little Hollywood Park. We've had a several movie suggestions earlier this year when this project was first introduced so after a little research into film licensing and cost (Disney and Pixar movies cost more), Rec and Park permit requirements (G or PG movies only), and other odds and ends (such as length of the movie) we've  narrowed it down to two choices.
      The comedy horror classic Beetlejuice or the robot invader cartoon The Iron Giant. We'll need to settle on a title by Monday so think it over and unofficially vote if you have a preference.
      This is our first attempt at this so if your interested in doing something similar in one of the parks closer to your part of the neighborhood, please come down to see how its done and how we can make it bigger and better next time.

      Visitacion Valley Market Bazaar
      Visitacion Valley Connections (formerly VVBOOM) is the group of residents that produces the annual street festival on Leland Ave. This year's event will be on October 27th and will feature a recycled fashion show, vendor booths, information tables, and live music and dance performances.

      Details on both events to follow shortly

      Russel