Like a Party on the Go! Two kid-friendly Hikes

  • Jess
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2013
      My husband, our three-year-old, and I will lead tow kid-friendly hikes that all are welcome to join. I arrange these just for fun, to be outdoors with my kid, and to be with like-minded adults who live in the city but crave more nature.

      On Sunday February 17th, we will be going to San Bruno Mountain to walk the Saddle Loop Trail. Flat and easy, and strollers can manage this. On this mountain-top you'll see incredible views of the Bay Area, pass enormous blackberry thickets that will be ripe this fall, and definitely find a diverse amount of birds.

      On Sunday March 3rd, we will be going to Pescadero Marsh Natural Preserve to walk the Sequoia Audubon Trail. Flat and easy, but not good for strollers. I love this place, which is at a confluence of 200+ acres of protected marshland and the ocean. There is a mind-boggling amount of wildlife, and you're sure to see some. It's also a wonderful tranquil place for kids to be by the water.

      More details, including maps on where to meet, are on my blog, Hill Babies: hillbabiessf.blogspot.com Do a search if you need to for "2 Upcoming Hikes: San Bruno Mountain and Pescadero Marsh"

      Cheers,
      Jessica