Re: Tour of Proposed Disc Golf Area in McLaren Park this Sunday

  • aquablue94131
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31 9:59 PM
      Hello all,

      Just weighing in with a few notes on this. I also live about a block from McLaren park and have a 4 1/2 month old son. My first.

      From what I understand, the disc golf group has bent over backwards to move their proposed area from a busy area to an under-used area of the park.

      I've also seen the Golden Gate Park course and the unique "sport" and free activity that disc golf has given that area of Golden Gate Park. It's got a good energy. Visiting relatives, I've also seen courses in other areas of the U.S. that seem to be positive community additions in parks. Not sure why there is so much negativity.

      I'd be very happy to have disc golf available for my son as he grows up next to McLaren Park.

      Doug